Ocala Truck Accident Lawyer
We’ve all heard stories—on the news, around the water cooler, online—of what can happen when a large truck collides with a passenger vehicle. Because of their sheer size and weight, a semi-truck or 18-wheeler can cause incredible damage to smaller cars. But for many individuals and families, truck accidents are not just stories, they’re horrific real-life events. Each year, big trucks are involved in accidents that cause approximately 5,000 fatalities and 130,000 injuries. Often these accidents are the result of negligent trucking safety or driving law violations. At Marianne Howanitz, P.A., our Ocala truck accident lawyers focus on this part of the narrative and hold truck drivers, trucking companies, and truck manufacturers responsible for the harm they cause.
Regardless of where you live and drive in Florida, seeing a large truck on the road is an inevitable experience. While these vehicles are essential to the Florida economy, large trucks can be dangerous and large truck accidents are often catastrophic. If you have been involved in a large truck collision in Ocala, the law office of Marianne Howanitz, PA, Attorney at Law can assist you in recovering compensation for your harm. Please contact us today for a free consultation.
Damages in a Serious Truck Accident
Even a truck accident that occurs at low speeds can have serious consequences based on the sheer size of a truck alone. In fact, large trucks can weigh 20 times that of a standard passenger car, making these vehicles deadly. When a passenger car and a truck collide, the damages can be absolutely catastrophic. In addition to the value of property damage suffered by the driver of the smaller vehicle, a victim of a truck accident may also incur serious injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Spinal cord injury;
- Amputation or crushed-limb injury;
- Internal injury;
- Bone fracture injury;
- Facial injury;
- Soft tissue injury; and
These injuries are not only painful but potentially life-changing and disabling. A person who suffers a catastrophic injury may no longer be able to care for themselves, return to work, and maintain the same quality of life. Emotional pain and physical suffering, and well as psychological harm, are common side effects as well.
You Deserve to Be Compensated for Your Harm
Those who are injured in large truck accidents deserve to be compensated for the full extent of harm they have suffered. Our lawyers work hard for you, doing everything we can to maximize the amount of compensation you receive. We do this by:
- Determining liability – Truck accidents can be caused by a number of different things, including truck driver negligence, trucking company error, manufacturing defect, and more. We get to the bottom of how your accident occurred and who should be held responsible for harm.
- Filing your claim – Florida has a no-fault car insurance system, which means you must file a claim with your own insurance company first. If your injuries are serious, you can file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurance company – we manage all steps in this process.
- Determining the value of your damages – We work with experts who can calculate your claim’s worth and determine how much you deserve. We will then issue a demand letter to the insurance company requesting compensation for this amount.
- Negotiating your settlement – Finally, our lawyer is a skilled negotiator who will aggressively represent you. If negotiations are unsuccessful, we aren’t afraid to head to court.
Call Our Ocala Truck Accident Lawyer Today
When you’ve been seriously harmed in a truck accident, you need a skilled Ocala truck accident lawyer on your side. For your free consultation with the office of Marianne Howanitz, PA, Attorney at Law, call us directly or tell us more about your case by sending us a message at your convenience. We are here to fight for you.